Vikash, our very own Santa Claus at www.p4poetry.com has unraveled some stunning changes and addition to the website. I'm sure you all have seen the newness and appreciated it on 'Let's Chat'. If you haven't had the chance to explore yet, or if you want to know all was really transformed, read on....
- Main page: The main page is now more organized to ensure an easier navigation. It also crisp and sleek while retaining the same artistic charm. The page is divided into 11 areas viz. Top Navigation Bar, News Bar, Podcast/Crowned Poems/Reference Room, Newly Posted Poems, Search/News/category Tabs, Poem statistics Tab, General Stats box, Let's Chat box (zooming in to popularity!), Poem Archive, Dashboard Options and lastly the Bottom navigation bar. Amongst the areas, the Podcast/Crowned Poems/Reference Room box is a new addition apart from the much requested 'Chat box'.
- Podcast/Crowned Poems.Reference Room Box: We firmly believe that poetry recital is more engrossing and impactful than just reading a poem. If combined with music, it transcends to new highs! The podcasting, i.e being able to post audio poems/songs is aimed at just that. Ever since Vikash wrote a 'simple tutorial on podcasting at p4p', the number of podcasts being posted and being hear has increased manifold. We hope to hear your voice soon :)
- Latest happenings: To keep you updated with the latest at p4p, we maintain this blog and the links to all the posts at the blog can be found under the news tab on the main page and also as news flash above the Podcasting/Crowned Poems/Reference Room Box. Further, you can also catch up on all the member buzz at the 'Let's Chat' box!
- Let's Chat: The name says it all. Chat with fellow p4pians, get to know them and have a lot of fun cause 'Chat feature' was the most requested feature at p4p and the admin couldn't resist giving in to the demand :P The chat box refreshes every few seconds. You can read chat achieves by clicking on 'All' above the 'Let's Chat' box.
- Dashboard: The dashboard/member area was a new year gift. Find out more about it here.
- Reference Room: Find poems by renowned poets and make your contribution. To add a poem by any famous poet in this section, mail the poem with poet information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sms Poetry: This facility allows uploads via SMS. This feature makes p4poetry.com an open and easy to use forum as now people without internet access can also post their poetry. SMS Poetry will also allow members to capture their feelings instantly wherever they are, travelling in the local train or jogging – all they need is to sms their short poem and it will automatically get on to our website. Visit here to see list of available features for now. We'll also be launching a special contest where the winner of the best sms poem will win attractive prizes. So watch out for it!!
Stay tuned for other updates. There is lot more in store!(quite literally! you'll find out why, later....)